Discover Web Solutions – Acceptable Use Policy
Discover Web Solutions (DWS) Acceptable Use Policy is provided to give our customers and users a clear understanding of what DWS expects of them while using our services. All users of DWS’s internet services, both directly and indirectly, must comply with this Acceptable use Policy.
Use of DWS services constitutes acceptance and agreement to this policy
- DWS does not routinely monitor the activity of accounts except for the purposes of system utilisation measurements and the preparation of billing records.
- DWS does not exercise editorial control over content of any website, email transmission or other service utilised within our offering except for proprietary websites.
DWS reserves the right to terminate your service without notice if a violation of this policy is detected. Upon awareness of a violation of this agreement, and at our sole discretion, DWS may remove any material that we believe to be illegal or that potentially subjects us to liability. We prefer to advise customers of inappropriate behaviour and any necessary corrective action to be taken, however, fragrant violations of this AUP will result in immediate termination of service and resources. Our failure to enforce this policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of our right to do so at any time.
To report suspected abuse of this policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Violations of DWS’s Acceptable Use Policy
The following, (although not limited too), are items that directly constitute violations of this AUP
- You may not use your virtual resources to publish material, which at it’s sole discretion, DWS determines as, unlawful, indecent or objectionable. For the purposes of this policy, the term ‘material’ refers to all forms of communication including narrative descriptions, graphics (including photographs, illustrations, images, drawings, logos), executable programs, video recordings and audio recordings.
- You may not use your virtual resources for illegal purposes, or in support of illegal activities. DWS reserves the right to cooperate with legal authorities and/or injured third parties in the investigation of any suspected crime or civil wrongdoing.
- You may not use you virtual resources to transmit any material by email, uploading, posting or otherwise, that threatens, harasses, or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- You may not use your virtual resources to transmit any material by email, uploading, posting or otherwise, that infringes upon copyright, intellectual property, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorised copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorised transmittal of copyrighted software.
- You may not use your virtual resources to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or the advance any kind of financial scam such as “pyramid schemes”, “ponzi schemes” and “chain letters”. This also involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.
- You may not manipulate, forge or impersonate identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead. This activity is strictly prohibited. The use of anonymous nicknames does not constitute impersonation.
- You may not use your virtual resources to send unsolicited commercial or bulk email (also known as ‘spam’). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk emailing of commercial advertising, informational announcements, charity requests, petitions for signatures, and political or religious tracts. Such messages may only be sent to those whom have explicitly requested it. Violation as such will result in immediate termination of the offending account.
- You may not use your virtual resources to attempt or gain unauthorised access to the accounts of others, or to penetrate (or attempt to penetrate) security measures of other entity’s computer hardware or software.
- You may not use your virtual resources to host any kind or torrent services, whether promoting legal or otherwise. This is strictly prohibited.
- You may not use your virtual resources for the intentional distribution of software that attempts to, and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or any computer systems. This will result in immediate termination.
- You may not schedule system ‘cron’ jobs with intervals less than 15 minutes.
- Your virtual resources may not utilise any more than 5% of the base system resource available on the server they are hosted.
Revisions of the Acceptable Use Policy
DWS reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this AUP at any time and in any manner.
Last updated June 2016